The White Review is looking for a part-time Managing Editor. To apply, please send a CV and cover letter (max 500 words) to jobs at thewhitereview.org. Applications close on Wednesday 14 July 2021 at 11.59 pm.
Managing Editor, The White Review
The managing editor will work closely with the board and editor to grow and establish The White Review as the leading British arts and literature quarterly magazine.
– working with the board and editor to develop and implement a strategy for growth for The White Review, within the remit of the magazine’s mission statement. Provide leadership and management to The White Review, and work with the board and editor to implement better organisational structures and systems.
– production: overseeing print and online production schedule; establish deadlines; communicate with editors, proofreaders, printer, and designer; schedule meetings for editorial staff.
– sales and distribution: managing and developing The White Review’s sales and distribution, with a focus on expansion in the UK, Ireland, Europe, North America and other territories. Manage and expand subscriber base.
– publicity & marketing: coordinate and manage events programme. Manage newsletters.
– fundraising: lead on grant applications for funding. Work with board and editor on developing a strategy for fundraising, including an annual fundraising event aimed at private sponsors. Manage relationships with private sponsors, advertisers and other partnerships.
– advertising: overseeing sale of advertising for print magazine and online.
– administrative: manage UK & US metadata databases (Nielsen, Coresource); manage e-commerce and process web orders.
– prizes: manage the annual White Review Short Story and Poet’s Prizes.
– financial: work with the board to professionalise financial management and improve the overall governance of The White Review. Oversee The White Review’s financial operations, including managing all incomings and outgoings.
– generating and developing new ideas and projects.
Salary: £25,000 per annum, pro-rata three days a week.
Deadline: Wednesday 14 July 2021 at 11.59 pm.